Saturday, September 15, 2012

'Sometimes' - the most correct statement

  
...sometimes it is a good idea to strike back in the centre, when attacked on the wing. This, I think, is the most correct statement. But I guess that in a world of strong motto marketing, you won't get into the spotlights with this one.

Most students like teachers who bring clear knowledge in a convincing, self-assured way. With statements like 'sometimes, in somehow similar positions, something like this might be a good idea' you do not make a very authoritative impression.


Willy Hendriks, Move First, Think Later: Sense and Nonsense in Improving Your Chess   
  
  

Blog Archive

About me

I played my first chess game in December 1977 and was lucky to hold draw. I continued to play chess and joined a chess club in September 1978. I'm still enjoying playing chess. I like to do many other things than playing chess. Long walks, some jogging, cycling, reading books, listen to music, watch movies, writing and much more. Life is fun!