Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lazy moves: Lack-of-effort mistakes

  
..."lazy moves" are played by everyone at every level. 

Jeremy Silman, How to Reassess Your Chess (4th Edition)


...you can do a lot towards lowering the incidents of lazy moves in your own games by catching yourself during key positions or any time you don't know what to do, and demanding the best effort you can possibly give. Then, if you fail to find a good way to handle the position you can still be proud of yourself - you did your best and nobody can ask more of you than that.
Jeremy Silman, How to Reassess Your Chess (4th Edition)
  
  

Blog Archive

About me

I played my first chess game in December 1977 and was lucky to hold draw. I continued to play chess and joined a chess club in September 1978. I'm still enjoying playing chess. I like to do many other things than playing chess. Long walks, some jogging, cycling, reading books, listen to music, watch movies, writing and much more. Life is fun!